Slide 2: Nanotech is bs Tweet.
Slide 3: Calling Bullshit.
Slide 4: Dinosaur. (from here)
Slide 5: Electron microscopy of Hela cells after the ingestion of colloidal gold; C.G. Harford, A. Hamlin, and E. Parker; 1957
Slide 6: The entry and distribution of herpes virus and colloidal gold in Hela cells after contact in suspension; M. A. Epstein, K. Hummeler, and A. Berkaloff; 1963
- Oligonucleotide-Modified Gold Nanoparticles for Intracellular Gene Regulation; L. Rosi, D. A. Giljohann, C.S. Thaxton, A.K.R. Lytton-Jean, M.S. Han, C.A. Mirkin; 2006
- Nano-Flares: Probes for Transfection and mRNA Detection in Living Cells;S. Seferos, D.A. Giljohann, H.D. Hill, A.E. Prigodich, and C.A. Mirkin
- Interview of Chad Mirkin: Nanoparticles and the future of medicine; 2013
- Nortwestern press release: New tool for investigating RNA gone awry; 2015
Slide 8: The spherical nucleic acid paradox; D. Mason, G. Carolan, M. Held, J. Comenge, S. Cowman, and R. Lévy; 2015
Slide 9: Excerpt from email (shared with permission).
Slide 10: Evaluation of SmartFlare probe applicability for verification of RNAs in early equine conceptuses, equine dermal fibroblast cells and trophoblastic vesicles; S. Budik, W. Tschulenk, S. Kummer, I. Walter, and C. Aurich; 2017
Slide 11: SmartFlares fail to reflect their target transcripts levels; M. Czarnek and J. Bereta; 2017
Slide 12: Calcium-Binding Proteins S100A8 and S100A9: Investigation of Their Immune Regulatory Effect in Myeloid Cells; J. Yang, J. Anholts, U. Kolbe, J.A. Stegehuis-Kamp, F.H.J. Claas and M. Eikmans
Slide 13: SmartFlare catalog.
- Abnormal scar identification with spherical nucleic-acid technology; D.C. Yeo, C. Wiraja, A.S. Paller, C.A. Mirkin and Chenjie Xu; 2018
- Re-Evaluating the Spherical-Nucleic-Acid Technology; M. Czarnek, D. Mason, G. Haimovich V.F. Puntes, P. Bergese, J. Bereta and R. Lévy; 2018